Friday, April 18, 2008

Farewell to Boston

The guys at work prepared a wonderful send off for me last night. I knew they were having pizza, but I was surprised with another Cookie Puss Carvel ice cream cake. It was nice that so many people were there and I was happy they'd gone to so much trouble for my last day.

I wasn't expecting a card. I definitely wasn't expecting a beautiful book of Boston sights that everyone had signed. I'll love it always. They were so sweet to do so much for me.

The guys I work with make it tough to leave. I won't miss much about Boston, but I'll really miss them.

6 comments:

Inge Slaats said...

Hi Liz,

It is always tough to say goodbye to the people you have worked with so pleasantly. I have been through that several times during my "working life" and I hated it, although it was always my own decision to go and find myself a new job.
Anyway, your collegues have given you a very nice, sort of, "farewell party" and a lovely present. A book with there names in it, is such a wonderful remembrance.

Hugs (also to your mam),
Inge from the Netherlands

Front Porch Society said...

It is tough to say goodbye to those we love and cherish as good friends and fellow officers. But I know you will be happy up in Alaska at your new location. You will make new friends up there as you have such a friendly personality that draws people to you! :) The best of luck in your move and I will pray for your safety across the USA and Canada as you make your way up to Alaska.

Murphy's Law said...

Waiting for you to arrive safe.

And tag, you're it.

Kojak said...

Hey, I apologize I haven't been checking as much lately. I am assuming you got the job you were after so major congrats to you. I know that you will be an asset to their department. Good Luck and Be Safe.

MJ said...

Hi! It's been only a couple weeks since I talked to you, but just wanted to check in and see how you're doing! I miss you, but I cannot WAIT to get up to Denali to see you!!!! YEA!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Man.