Thoughts from a woman, a Latter Day Saint, a Cop, and an aspiring Bagpiper.
Monday, April 7, 2008
I'm Back!
Yep, I've returned from Nepal and India. I had a great time and I've started a new blog. Go to my profiles page to get to it. Or just go http://sevendaysinindia.blogspot.com
Well, look! Inge is here! Hi Inge!! AND WELCOME BACK, LIZ!!! I'm excited I'll be able to hear more about your adventures in diverse and foreign places, in person no less. See you in a few days. :-)
Wear your armor, shine your shield, steel your heart and never yield...
"The Anvil" by Laurence Binyon
O dreadful Forge!... more urgent comes our cry... Brain, sinew, and spirit, before we die, Beat out the iron, edge it keen, And shape us to the end we mean! Burned from the ore's rejected dross, The iron whitens in the heat. With plangent strokes of pain and loss The hammers on the iron beat.
Searched by the fire, through death and dole We feel the iron in our soul.
5 comments:
Horray for your safe return! Thanks so much for the postcards! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!
Wow, what a wonderful trip you made and what an adventurous girl you are!
Have a great time with your mama in Alaska!
Greetings from Inge, a quilt friend from your mama in the Netherlands.
Well, look! Inge is here! Hi Inge!! AND WELCOME BACK, LIZ!!! I'm excited I'll be able to hear more about your adventures in diverse and foreign places, in person no less. See you in a few days. :-)
love you lots
yo' Mama
Will have to check this out as well tomorrow! :)
Inge,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Mama and I are going to have a great trip.
Post a Comment