I pre-ordered a copy of Charles Remsburg's new book back in July. The book arrived a couple weeks ago and quickly became one of my favorites. I finished it in two days. The reason it took that long is that I kept working out. I'd read a chapter and I would be compelled to exercise. I'd have to go for a run or beat my punching bag until my knuckles got bruised (even wearing gloves. I guess I just bruise easily).
I promptly loaned my book to a coworker because I think it's an important book for LEOs to read. The title is self explanatory and it says in the intro (written by my other favorite author, Lt. Col. Grossman) that a wise man learns from his experiences, but a truly wise man learns from the experiences of others.
I think I was to hasty in loaning the book out. I find that I want to read it again. I ordered two more copies to give to friends.
I encourage all LEOs who read this blog to go get your own copy. Right now. Blood Lessons isn't a bunch of "cops who got killed" stories. Most of the officers won, but they recognized that there were things they could have done differently. Let's learn from them. Remember your when/then thinking and mental imagery. Don't let yourself get complacent; evil doesn't take time off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
I see a trip to the bookstore in my near future.
Post a Comment