It has been weeks since I made a case. I was getting antsy. Having weekends off is great and I'm not about to complain, but traffic really dies down during the week.
I've been staked out between my two favorite spots these last few nights. I've made some stops and written a couple tickets, but when 95% of the cars coming through an intersection are cabbies... it's tough (not that I won't stop a cab, we all know how they drive, it's just that I'd do nothing BUT stop cabs if I started. Sure some have warrants and I've gotten drugs out of cabs before, but I'd rather not deal with them).
But my dilligence paid off! I swear, not a single car had driven by in half an hour before my prey arrived. But arrive she did, at long last. Which made me a happy Ranger. I spent the last four hours of my shift writing my OUI report. Since I actually like reports, it's OK.
Now it's time for this night predator to hit the hay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








8 comments:
Ahh, that's my sweet girl...a night predator! ;-) It does my heart good to see you so happy! LOL
Stay safe (and NO, I didn't read the previous article...but some of my quilt buddies did and told me you are right...shouldn't read it...sigh...like I don't worry about you all the time anyway?)
Love you
Mom
OUI? I think understanding that acronym is imperative to understanding your blog. My civilian ignorance is shining through, isn't it?
Sorry Laura. It's Operating Under the Influence. She was a drunk driver. I'm particularly fond of getting them off the road.
Just curious.... is two beers the standard answer out yonder like it is here? I swear, no matter how hammered a driver is out here, they tell me they had two beers. They could blow a .24 and still swear they had two beers.
Oh absolutely. I don't know why they think we'll believe them. Can't get out of the car without stumbling, smells like a barroom floor, didn't see a red light, must have been those two beers.
I just had two (40 ounce) beers. I'm ooooookaaaaaay.
As for cabs, I love to cite cab drivers. They ALWAYS take me to court. OVERTIME!
OWI's are my favorite to nail, too!! I was hit last year by a drunk driver and should have died there in the car. By some miracle I survived. The drunk was killed on impact. Nothing left of my car and they had to use the jaws of life to get me out. Several surgeries and months of rehab later and I am back on the job. Still struggle with pains and limitations but I am not letting it stop me. But it just makes me want to catch drunks that much more!
Stories like yours make me not feel so bad when they cry as I put the cuffs on. Ok, truthfully, I could care less if they cry and we all make fun of them later when they do... But USAincognito, I'm glad you made it. Usually it's the drunk that walks away.
Post a Comment