Tonight the weather was so mild and it was so quiet and peaceful (and don't I need some peace today) that I got out of the office and the patrol car and walked around Bunker Hill at 3am.
Not much is out at that hour, and anyone who is gets a hard look from me. But Tommy was there, looking cute and lonely, so I sat down to chat. I have to admit that he doesn't have much to say, but I sure did. Tommy's a good listener and he likes me, I can tell. He thinks I'm a good person, or he wouldn't stay.
I got up to continue my patrol. Tommy normally doesn't join me, but he was lonelier today than normal so we patrolled together. We walked around the monument, looking down on the peacefully parked cars. I was hoping that someone would come along and break into one while I was there watching, but no takers tonight. My little sidekick and I walked around a while before I decided to head in. Tommy didn't follow me to my car, I guess he's got mice to catch or whatever it is that cats do at 3am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Awww.....how cute!! I am sure my puppy Kira would LOVE to follow me everywhere when I am on shift, too, if I let her. But that girl is most certainly staying home! lol.
Yeah, she sounds like trouble. Who knows what she would eat if she went on patrol with you!
That was wonderfully written Liz - when did you turn into a poet? Hmmm...well you do write every single day in a journal of some kind, and have for years (as long as I've known you!) so maybe that's the ticket?
Keep trying with the Spanish, and maybe someday I'll start learning too, and then we can have fun, awkward phone conversations in stilted Spanish....OR we could go to South America together and practice for six weeks. I can drink the Chilean wine (mine plus the wine you won't be drinking!!!) and you can watch out for banditos.
Gotta run - Thanks for a great post.
Shan
Post a Comment