All these things I have to do, but I spent my weekend in a frenzy of non-trip related activity. Saturday evening, I went to Cambridge to see "Black 47" a New York Irish band that was a favorite of mine in high school. I figured Aidan Kennedy, who introduced me to their music, would never forgive me if I didn't go see them when they were playing so close. It was a good show (although I should have done the uncool thing and taken earplugs. Afterwards I thought I'd never hear again). I was especially excited to see the Uillean pipes in action. Obviously, they're not as amazing as the Great Highland Bagpipe (my Bagpipe of choice), but they're still bagpipes and I'm a big fan of all kinds of those. I could have done without the lead guitar since I think that's where most of the racket came from. The trombone and sax guys were neat (the trombonist also played the Irish whistle). Those two with the piper would've made a nice concert minus the hearing loss.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Black 47
All these things I have to do, but I spent my weekend in a frenzy of non-trip related activity. Saturday evening, I went to Cambridge to see "Black 47" a New York Irish band that was a favorite of mine in high school. I figured Aidan Kennedy, who introduced me to their music, would never forgive me if I didn't go see them when they were playing so close. It was a good show (although I should have done the uncool thing and taken earplugs. Afterwards I thought I'd never hear again). I was especially excited to see the Uillean pipes in action. Obviously, they're not as amazing as the Great Highland Bagpipe (my Bagpipe of choice), but they're still bagpipes and I'm a big fan of all kinds of those. I could have done without the lead guitar since I think that's where most of the racket came from. The trombone and sax guys were neat (the trombonist also played the Irish whistle). Those two with the piper would've made a nice concert minus the hearing loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
you know we're getting old when we start taking earplugs to concerts..
Post a Comment