Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wolf pups

You've got to listen to this. My camera is kind of noisy, but you can hear them howling. I was kind of far away, but there are four wolf pups in the road. I came driving around the corner Sunday morning and there they were to serenade me, the researchers on their way to work, and a couple of people with professional photographer permits. I think I need to get a real video camera for things like this.

What a job, eh?

Before anyone gets jealous, I also have had two days in a row where I've had to take patients out in the ambulance. The road is so bumpy that after an hour in the back, I'm very close to puking. Thankfully, the ambulance from the east side meets us half way. So far, an hour is about my limit. Especially if the patient is cold and I have to have to heat on. It's torture.

Yesterday, I popped out of the ambulance at a rest stop to use the bathroom. A cute little Australian guy politely asked why I needed a sidearm in the ambulance. I told him sometimes those patients get pretty rowdy. Ha ha.

But back to the wolves, while I was eating dinner last night one of the pups sauntered up my driveway. His little nose went up, I think he'd sniffed out my toasted cheese sandwich. They're really getting big. And they're so beautiful. I hope you can hear their howls.

5 comments:

Officer "Smith" said...

I'll say it again, WOW, what a place to work.

Mrs. "Smith" said...

Wow, thank you so much, Liz.

Yvonne said...

Oops. Can't hear it over the music. :-(

Shannon & Richard said...

And why didn't you ask the cute Australian his name????

Front Porch Society said...

I couldn't hear it either over the music on your site. :(