Thursday, November 15, 2007

My New Zealand Quilt

My Mama posted a blog on her site about one of the quilts she made for me. Since I know Mama's quilting friends visit my site and Mama said she didn't have any digital pictures of the quilt she made me... I'll post them here.


The secret message that she quilted into the bottom border was, "Liz is my hero" and "Liz your mother loves you." It took me about two years, maybe three, to notice that the seemingly random quilty squiggles made words. She's very sneaky, my mom.
I love you to.

6 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

That is a wonderful gift from your mother! :)

rubbernink.com said...

oh WOW !! how gorgeous !
I LOOOVE quilts !

AM

Harespring said...

It's a stunningly beautiful and accomplished piece of work. A friend in Tenn asked me years ago do do a square for her friendship quilt when her husband retired from the USAF in NC: I have always wanted to see a photo of the finished work, but it never happened. Can you direct me to any good quilting sites, Liz?

Liz said...

Harespring,
I don't know of any quilting sites, but you can find my Mom's blog on my site. She's a quilter and all the other people linked to her blog are as well. They can surely point you in the right direction.

Yvonne said...

Here's one of my favorite quilting sites, Harespring: www.quiltsville.com Not only is she an accomplished machine quilter, but she shares patterns and "how to" tips. :-)

Harespring said...

Thank you Liz's mum, that is a lovely site!