Where to start... Well let's see (in no particular order)
1. Mama. It goes without saying that my Mom thinks I'm wonderful.
2. Dad. Always ready to help with whatever random puzzle I need solved. Computer? Car? Retirement planning? Camera?
3. Jim. My big bro, who always seems to have time to chat on the phone with me.
4. Sheena. Married to Jim. I really like her, so it stands to reason that she likes me to.
5. Jeff. The little brother. Although less of a conversationalist, I know he loves me.
6. Frieda. Married to Jeff. We haven't had much time to get to know each other, but she's sweet. Being sweet, she must like me.
7. Cait. My sister. I haven't heard from her in months, despite the letters and postcards I sent. But she's got her own problems and maybe someday she'll remember that she likes me.
8. Laura. She wanted me back in her life and I'm glad I'm there. Even if it's long distance.
9. Lauren. How I miss you! An excellent partner in crime fighting, I wish you were still here. I'll never forget those two guys in the stolen car we got... We need to go hiking together more often.
10. Shannon. She always has such good advice. So reasonable, so brilliant. She must be my most clear seeing friend ever.
11. MJ. So spunky, so energetic. My day is always brighter when she's around. She gave me her car and the most memorable Thanksgiving dinner ever (the car was memorable in a two flat tires at the same time kind of way. Not as good).
12. Ross. He says I'm a good person and he always did say so.
13. Kurt. He's brave enough to want to spend three weeks with me in Nepal! He must like me.
14. Mitchem. He teases me mercilessly. He calls me "Bunky." He's one of my favorite people.
15. Greg. He said I'm a good officer and the best female officer he's ever worked with.
16. Dave. He says he loves having me on night shift so he doesn't have to search the females. He treats me like an equal.
17. The Boss. He gives me leave and doesn't hassle me to much about it. He encouraged me to apply for the special response team. He gave me a good evaluation.
18. John. Busy down at FLETC, he still has time to return my calls and emails.
19. Amber. Going to law school and working, she doesn't have much time to hang out anymore, but we had a great time at my first ever Broadway show, "Little Women." I was so happy to find someone to go with me. She left John at home and we had a girls night out.
20. Steve. One of the greatest guys I've worked with. I got to visit him after he left the park service and went back to working for APD. They let me stay at their house and treated me like family.
21. Kathy. The other half of Steve. She always asks personal questions about my love life. Somehow, I never mind answering. She's a smart lady.
22. Peggy. She shared her little baby with me. I got to visit him in the hospital before he died.
23. Drew. My favorite person from my first Police Academy I still get Christmas cards from him and his family in Bethel, AK.
24. Kerry. Busy with her PhD, she still sends the occasional email and I enjoy hearing from her.
25. Gavin. My Irish po-po friend. I picked him up in Boston having never met him before in my life. But he was a fellow cop in need of a police supply store. I may have gotten lost getting him there, but he was impressed by the effort I went to and we still keep in touch.
26. Chuck. I went to his wedding and he sends me emails whenever he does something cool (like the first time he tased someone).
27. Charis. My old roommate from Valdez. She liked me as a roommate, even though I left her alone with the Kirby salesman and awoke to find a new Kirby in our living room. I felt bad for abandoning her, but she forgave me.
28. Bill. One of my current roommates. He must like me, he does my dishes when I forget them in the sink. I feel bad, but he tells me that I do stuff around the house so he doesn't mind.
29. Victor. My other roommate. He tries to help me with my Spanish and I try to understand his English, but he's always smiling.
30. Dave. A different Dave. He likes me, he wanted to help me get a job at Organ Pipe. I'm not a desert, drug/arms/people smuggling kind of Ranger. Though it sounds exciting, I have to think of my poor Mama.
30. My Bishop. Doesn't everyone's Bishop like them?
31. My Heavenly Father.
32. Jesus Christ. I guess these last two love everyone, so They're kind of a freebie, but I'll have Them here anyway because it doesn't matter what I do, They'll always be on this list.
People who don't like Liz
1. Michelle.
2. People I have arrested. I don't think all of them hold a grudge. But some might. Not that I blame them.
3. Chris Silva. The crazy guy. I told him to leave because I didn't want to listen to his sad story. He said he wasn't doing anything wrong and I reminded him of the last time he'd been over when he threatened to take the BPD officer's gun. He got mad and I'm pretty sure he hates me. The dislike is mutual.
4. People who haven't met me yet. Which isn't their fault.
Now there may be A LOT of people in the last category, people who haven't met me yet. But since I haven't met them either, the ones in the frist group mean more to me anyway. And I know I've missed some. Like Wendy. I just remembered Wendy, who likes me. And of course there are my aunts, uncles, and cousins. My Granny to. My home and visiting teachers (it's their assignment to like me, but since they seem like likeable people themselves, I don't think they have to try to hard).
So I really should relax and not worry and stress to much about the people in the Anti-Liz category. The people that are Pro-Liz could kick their butts anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








11 comments:
Your Mama thinks you are wonderful for the simple and oh so obvious reason...you ARE!
So there. ;-)
Good list though.
HEY! I am #1. WOW!!!
love you lots
Yo' Mama
lol. Great list of people who you consider your friends!! :) Mine is very limited - I tend to not trust very easily. And when I do attempt to trust, that trust is broken. So I go back to my own little world - fighting crime, reading up on the latest LE information, and doing my own thing.
Anti-Liz people suck.
But that's okay.
More Liz for the rest of us :)
XOXO!
amen to that, sapphirebullet!
that lobsta was amazing--it rocked having you there!! and no other Thanksgiving will quite live up to that memory..
LOVE YOU!!
I like you too ! Can I be on the list that will kick the anti-Liz butts ? :o)
AM
Why yes, Michelle, I will delete your comment because I don't want hateful things on my blog. Now, since we're not corresponding, why don't you stay away?
AM, of course you can be on my Pro-Liz list. ;)
Well. There's sourpuss again. Never mind. I know I'm a stranger here, but would be pleased to be in the pro-Liz camp, if only because you sound like a nice girl and you haven't done anybody any wrong that I can see...and have been a good and supportive friend to one who dumps on your friendship. Go Liz!
Harespring,
You are welcome here. But there's no need to get on a pity wagon for me. There are enough of those going around. ;)
I always said that Michelle was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. I could tell that she was using you back when we spent that time together up in Alaska. Far as I can tell, the only one who lost a friend that was even worth having was her. You just keep on being you, Liz. Lagniappe and I have your back.
No pity! Maybe a little empathy if you can handle it. Anyway, as far as I can make out, we are all either going to Hell on a handcart, or, what is almost worse, doomed to be loved and forgiven in a forever CC Heaven. It's a tough choice!
Post a Comment