Friday, February 15, 2008

BPD on a good day

I know I was whining about mean, rude Boston cops a few posts back. I should explain that some of them are nice. For instance, the guy who stopped to help me out last week. He's one of the few I know by name and I run into him now and then.

Last night I met him in Store 24 and we started gabbing. We talked about disgusting, stinky people, cockroaches (he had a picture of a very large one on his phone), my upcoming trip, tigers, the zoo, and the New England Aquarium. He was surprised I've never been, especially when I told him I volunteered at the Seattle Aquarium when I was a kid. I've never been because it's somewhere around $30 to get in.

Later that night, he stopped by (while I wasn't in) and dropped off an envelope with my name on it. Inside was a free pass to the aquarium good until November 2008.

Isn't that nice? Inter-agency relations aren't always bad. There're a few pretty cool ones out there.

5 comments:

MJ said...

LOL--whoever created that Donald Duck ride was creepy for sure! Berserk is my cop bro-in-law, in case you haven't had a chance to check his blog out. He's got some pretty funny stories as well.

I've never understood the animosity between different departments/agencies. We have the same problem in the airline biz, between rampers and customer service. Completely ridiculous when you think about it...

ENFORCER said...

Wow what a nice gesture. Great blog too, I found you through Kojack.

Liz said...

MJ- You had mentioned a po-po brother in law, so I'd figured out who Berserk must be. I wander to his blog on occassion. I love good stories.

Enforcer- Welcome. I'll have to check out your blog next.

Kojak said...

Liz, I'm glad you had a better experience. Now just go and enjoy yourself !

Front Porch Society said...

That was really sweet of him to do that! :)