Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Holy Grail of NPS jobs

According to Shannon, I am now as cool, if not cooler, than Indiana Jones. Thanks Shan.

Sunday I'm flying to Fairbanks and then heading to Denali to meet the Park Superintendent and the Chief Ranger and to be officially offered the most amazing job EVER.

My buddy Greg, who's at FLETC now, agreed to be a reference for me. I was just talking to him on the phone. He told me how he answered the last question, "What else can you tell me about Liz?"

"I don't want her to go." Greg said he likes having me on his shift and he doesn't want me to leave. That's a high compliment and I am so happy that I was able to earn it. I'll miss my buddies here. I'll miss the hard charging law enforcers that I work with. I'll miss the competition. I'll miss the camaraderie. I've been really lucky to work with some amazing guys and I'll miss them more than anything else here in Boston.

On Wednesday I'll get back to Boston and Thursday I head to Nepal. I'm all packed, but depending on the weather up north I may have to unpack to get my warm layers. I'll take my camera, of course, and try to post something before I head to Asia.

5 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

Congrats in advance!! :) Hope you have a wonderful trip up to AK and everything goes well...can't wait to see pictures!! (i used to live in AK at one time)

Liz said...

Thanks! It'll be a lot of flying, but I'll be glad to get things confirmed and official before I leave for Nepal.

Officer "Smith" said...

"I don't want her to go."

I can't think of a better compliment from a co-worker.

If I was doing a background, that would score BIG points.

MJ said...

WOO HOO!!!! I KNEW they'd pick you, Rizz, you're AWESOME!!! That was a great compliment from Greg.

Ok, so my stuff... I should probably come and get it... I'll wait until after your trip to Nepal, and I'll bring Aidan.

I am so excited for you, I can't even tell you. You ROCK!!!!

Shannon & Richard said...

Damn Skippy you're as cool as Indiana Jones!

Can't wait for you to come home. Us in Alaska miss you terribly!

Lots of love, rock out in Nepal and India, know I am thinking of you and hoping for the best trip for you.

Shan