Thursday, July 17, 2008

Complaints

The bus drivers are complaining that Rangers are speeding on the park road. My boss has informed us that their complaints will affect our performance evaluations. That's great.

I think I'm going to start pulling buses over for speeding. Except for one thing. I don't have radar and the speed limit is 35 mph (for most of the road). When you come across a bus going 35 mph around a corner it looks like it's going really fast. But I doubt they're speeding. Just like me.

It's nice that the boss is so quick to threaten us with bad performance appraisals based on nothing more than opinions. I don't write tickets based only on my opinion. I have to have something to back it up.

I guess I'm not going to get a good performance evaluation. And that's lame, because I'm really careful driving on this road.

4 comments:

MJ said...

BUMMER!!

I'm currently dealing with the same sort of logic around my job...

Good luck on the housing thing--I know things will work out, but I'll keep you in my prayers!

Front Porch Society said...

That IS lame!

Murphy's Law said...

He can't punish you one bit for something that he cannot attribute to you. If your evaluation reflects anything of the sort, you demand to see any and every bit of proof that he based it on, and force him to put something substantial up or correct his error.

And if he needs a call from an attorney who knows a thing or two about this sort of thing and happens to like you, just sing out. ;-)

Liz said...

Thanks guys. Me, I might have to take you up on it. Unless he was just bluffing.