Sunday, July 27, 2008

Slammed!

Today was such a busy day! Just when I said not a whole lot happens here, I had three calls in one shift!

The first was a bus driver that called in a wolf kill site. I have to go investigate and close the area if the wolves took down something big like a caribou. It keeps hikers from disturbing feasting wolves. It turned out the bus driver had seen the wolf pups all piled on top of mom. From far away it was hard to tell.

While I was still hiking up from checking that out, I get a call of a possible illegal guiding racket going on. I did my little investigation while they were hiking around and was all ready when they got done. In Denali, you need a permit to take groups on guided hikes.

I'm scratching out my report when I got called for a bus taking off someones side mirror.

That's a busy day around here. ;)

6 comments:

Ten 80 said...

So? Come backs for the whining bus drivers who are lopping off people's mirrors?

I'm so glad Me gave me your site, I'm looking forward to catching up!

Officer "Smith" said...

That's the first half hour of my shift.

Liz said...

RPD- Likewise. It's nice to hear from you again.

Smith- I know it seems slow, that's why it's funny. But I don't think you get the same kind of calls in your part of the country.

Officer "Smith" said...

You're right. I can't say I have ever had a wolf call. Deer, yes. Coyote, definitely. Wolf, uhhhh... no.

We also don't often have problems with unlawful hiking guides. The bus collisions we do have though. Often.

Front Porch Society said...

lol. I do so love reading about your day, Liz. ;)

Anonymous said...

Liz,
Your mother gave me your site, I love reading about your adventures, what a great job. Do you work alone? Take care and have a great time out there.