Yesterday, right as I was calling out of service so I could go eat Thanksgiving dinner with my friends, someone hit a wolf on the highway.
I thought it was surely one of the coyotes I'd seen earlier that day. I see coyotes on an almost daily basis when I'm out running radar. But it really was a wolf. She dragged herself off the highway, but with her shattered hind end, she was done for. My coworker shot her and when he did, all the nearby wolves (her pack) started howling. It was very sad.
As a result, today I wrote speeding tickets for that area, which is a 55 mph zone. I showed no mercy. I wore the extra thick long johns so I could run even more traffic than normal (I can't run stationary radar with the heater on because the fan sets the radar off. When it's 10 or 20 below 0 it doesn't take long for me to get chilled and loose motivation for traffic enforcement).
Yesterday, I went to dinner with the Cantwell trooper and his family. Another family from church was there and the two other troopers. The cute one with the southern accent gave me a ride since my truck is in the shop. If you'll remember the post I wrote about the felon who hit on me... he'd been there, so I told him what happened after he left. His response, "So where are you two going?"
Ha ha.
Dinner was great. I'm thankful for good friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
That's a terrible shame about the wolf. Very sad indeed.
I'm glad you had a good dinner though!
Awww...how sad about the wolf!!
But what a great thing to have your truck in the shop so you could be with southern accent trooper. :) hehe!!!
Post a Comment